Slate Roofing for Commercial Buildings
Natural quarried slate has proven itself for centuries as a serviceable, waterproof roof covering. Depending on the quality of the stone (for their differences, contact your Vanguard slate expert to find out more), slate roofs may last from dozens to hundreds of years. Their longevity, however, is not their only quality. Slate roofing is made of natural stone quarried from the Northeast United States, Canada, Virginia, Wales, Spain, China, South Africa, and other parts of the world. They are simple and beautiful roofing systems available in a variety of colors and textures, allowing designers to customize virtually every installation.Contact Us For A Quote .
Slate Roof Replacement
When slate roof tiles need to be replaced, they can be discarded as clean land fill or in some cases recycled and used for roofing again. Slate roofs, while one of the most expensive roofing systems “up front,” are arguably one of the least expensive money can buy when the entire life of the roof system is taken into account. Trust Vanguard Roofing to install slate roofing on your building to restore or maintain it’s traditional integrity and beauty.
Slate Roof Repair
Hail, ice and debris can damage your slate roof. At Vanguard, we will replace broken tiles, find and repair leaks, or re-tile after the installation of roof accessories, such as venting or skylights.
The Benefits of Slate Roofing
- Available in an endless variety of dimensional sizes and thicknesses
- Available in dozens of naturally-occurring colors
- Colors and sizes may be blended to achieve stunning architectural results
- Low maintenance (naturally resistant to algae and moss)
- Water repellent
- Standard weight tiles available as replacement for conventional materials
- Extremely durable and very long-lasting
- Highly resistant to wind and hail
- Low life-cycle cost