Metal Roofing has been the material of choice for commercial buildings for many years. Recently, many more styles have become available. You want to be sure to make the right choice for your specific building. You want to avoid a roof on your warehouse that is more suited to a circus museum if your business is medical supplies. Durability, style, and energy efficiency are all important factors to consider as you explore your options.
There are many advantages to metal roofing. Here are the qualities to look for in a commercial metal roof:
Advantages of Commercial Metal Roofing
- Lower Cost – The total cost of a roof replacement not only includes the initial investment. Repairs and regular maintenance are also part of the overall cost. You can’t account for every accident, such as a dent from a baseball during a nearby game. Still, metal roofing has lower repair and regular maintenance costs during its expected lifespan than other commercial roofing materials.
- Durable – Metal roofs are highly durable and can withstand high winds. The large interlocking panels do not allow wind to penetrate and get underneath to cause damage. Commercial building owners in hurricane-prone areas count on this quality to protect their property during these times. This fact and less necessary maintenance make metal roofing a smart investment. Metal roofs do not split, crack, or invite insects. The lifespan is easily 30 to 50 years with proper care.
- Increased Energy Efficiency – A light color paint, such as white, applied to a metal roof can reflect heat and significantly lower cooling costs in a large facility such as a warehouse.
- Wide variety of Styles – Today’s metal roofs are not your grandfather’s type of metal roof. Many styles are now available to accent all sizes and shapes of modern industrial and commercial buildings.
- Environmentally Friendly – Metal roofing is 100 percent recyclable. There is no crude oil used during the manufacturing process. Metal roofing panels are often made from recycled material.
- Long-Lasting – Certain metal roofing can last 60 years or more with proper regular maintenance. When calculating a future budget, this is a valuable asset to a company with multiple buildings or even one warehouse.
Metal Roof Styles
Metal roofing comes in many styles and colors. Standing Seam, Tile, Shingle, Slate, and Shake are the most popular. Choosing the right roof for your building is an important decision. This protects your building and all the expensive machinery, equipment, and merchandise inside the 4 walls. Here are the advantages of the popular metal roofing styles:
- Standing Seam – A significant advantage of Standing Seam metal roofing is concealed fasteners. This has an excellent aesthetic effect and is more secure with less chance of leaks. Nails becoming loose can allow water to enter under the roofing.
- Metal Shingle – Metal shingles are available in many beautiful styles but may not be the best choice for a commercial building. The same fire resistance energy efficiency applies to this roofing option. You may want to consider metal shingles for a smaller office building associated with your company.
- Metal Slate – No other roofing material gives the majestic look of slate. Metal slate roofing is water-tight, lightweight, and walkable. This may not be the answer for all commercial buildings because of cost and longer installation time. This style can make a definite statement for a professional office building.
- Metal Shake – This material is fire-resistant, insect-proof, and will not split like traditional cedar shake roofing. This is the right option if you always had your heart set on a cedar shake roof.
Metal roofing has been the most popular type for commercial and industrial buildings for many years. With modern styles and improvements, metal roofing is the most cost-effective and long-lasting material available. Whether your goal is energy efficiency, longevity, aesthetic appeal, or all the above, this is hands down the best option.
You want an experienced installation team familiar with weather conditions and building codes for your specific part of the country to install your roof. A local roofing company can recommend the type of metal roofing with the best track record for your kind of building.
Please consider contacting Vanguard Roofing for commercial metal roofing repairs or a roof replacement. We are family-owned and have proudly served customers in the southeast New York area since 1972. We have installers with experience in all types of low-slope roofing. Our service area includes New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire. Our friendly staff will happily answer all your questions regarding commercial roofing. Let’s get started making your facility a safe and aesthetically pleasing workplace!